I Hate Water.

Posted By

I am on a health kick of late — even using SparkPeople, which is really a rather remarkable tool.  I still make excuses about exercise, and while my diet is very much extremely better, I still have a few too many calories and a lot more sodium than I need.    But the WORST challenge is to “drink more water.”    I already had one of those walnut-sized bladders.  Now I have a walnut-sized bladder that was danced on for 9 months straight.  Other than morning coffee I confess that I rarely pay attention to getting fluids.  Now that I am tracking it — and my goal is only 6 glasses, not the absolute INSANITY of 8 — I am dying.    When you begin to drink “enough” water, your body plays very weird, mean tricks.  No longer do I get a nice warning when I have to pee….you know, the “hmmm I have to pee, but I bet I can make it to the next freeway exit in 15 miles” (and by the way, am I the only one guilty of SERIOUSLY misjudging that distance from time to time?)    No sir.   I will be typing away, and suddenly I have to pee RIGHT NOW.   I have to scramble to the bathroom just as fast as if I had been out running errands and just got home with 3 bags of groceries.

See that?  That was a pee break.  I’m not kidding — I don’t think I am gonna make it much longer with this daily water drinking.  Any advice or encouragement is more than welcome!

Daisy

P.S.  Peed again.

About The Author

Comments

15 Responses to “I Hate Water.”

1. mamasbitchin says:

I am about to try a diet for the first time in my life. The hardest part besides not getting to eat kiddles sugary b’fast cereal…? Drinking enough water.

The last two nights I’ve been up to pee at least 6 times and I NEVER wake up to pee in the night. I’d like to get back to a ‘normal’ size before my 40th birthday in April, but the idea of a gallon of water everyday is killin’ me!
    mamasbitchin recently posted..in the Library du Maison

2. Angel says:

Too funny!!! I feel your pain! I don’t know that I would be the one to give you advice, beings as after nine months of pregnancy I am still afraid to sneeze if I even think I might have to pee, I am probably not the best person to ask. But I think as long as you get the bulk of your water drank at least 2-3 hours before bedtime, that should at least help if you are having to get up 4,000 times during the night.

Angel
    Chasing Serenity
    Angel recently posted..A Blog with SubstanceWho knew -

3. L. Eleana says:

Now that’s pretty funny. Know that I’m going through the same thing right now. No, I’m not peeing while typing, lol! But I can’t seem to force myself to drink water. Lately, I’ve been trying to pull out the bottled water hoping that i will guzzle at least 3 a day. I’m a coffee drinker, so I usually manage to get one cup down a day. Then before i know it, I have forgotten to even drink anything else until I put the kids to bed. Hope it works out for you.
    L. Eleana recently posted..National Preparedness Month 2010- Is Your Childs Preschool Prepared

[Reply]

4. Your body will adjust. It will take a few weeks maybe even a couple of months but your body isn’t used to water by the sounds of it. I have a weak bladder too especially after my morning coffee because, of course, coffee is a diuretic. But it’s so important to drink 8 cups of water per day!!! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    Here from Blog Frog.
    Karyn Climans recently posted..Busy- Busy- Busy

[Reply]

5. I am trying to get myself back on a health kick! I was doing well for awhile and then we traveled + I fell off the wagon…
    Unplanned Cooking recently posted..Back to School

6. Daisy says:

Ah Karyn I know you are probably right. Patience is not my strong suit, but I will be trying to stick it out!

[Reply]

7. I am one of those annoying freaks who drinks far in excess of the recommended daily 8. I LOVE it! But that is a very good thing since I do a lot of outdoors work and it has been 100+ most of the summer.

Hopping over from BF :-)
    Intentional Family recently posted..Farming Friday-3 Great Things About Farming

8. Daisy says:

Freak! lol.

[Reply]

9. I’ve been trying to drink more water too, but it feels so sloshy, and weird forcing myself to drink when I’m not thirsty. Seems like a feeling of thirst should be the rule.

10. Daisy says:

Doesn’t it though? And yet they say once you feel thirsty you are already “dehydrated.” You’d think our biological systems would do better by us.

11. Amiko says:

I like water, but not if I must drink that much… :)
    Amiko recently posted..a dead mouse

12. pattyann says:

Oh yeah, I am so with you there! I have been on a diet for 3 months. The water thing just about killed me the first month. I added one glass a week to my diet and than helped me get through it. Now, if I am honest, I love drinking the water. It has helped so much! I am eating better, sleeping better, and not running to the bathroom as much as I used to. I have lost 30 lbs and feel better than I have felt in years, so it really does help, hang with it. I have found that it works best if I put ice in a water bottle (or a Quicktrip cup) and water and sip on it all through the morning. I finish 32 oz before noon and do another cup. I have to finish that one before dinner. Having it measured out that way has taken the difficulty out of it and has made it easy to accomplish that goal. I now drink even more than that on a hot or humid day, but I always drink at least that amount and don’t feel the pressure like I did when I was trying to choke down one glass at a time. Also, if you don’t like water, you can add a slice of lemon, or even a slice of orange into it. That flavors it slightly but doesn’t do too much damage with the calories. That is how I started and than slowly weaned myself off the need for flavoring.
    pattyann recently posted..Sunday Devotional – The Proclamation on the Family

13. Ofthesea says:

Please don’t hate me – I’m one of “those” who drink upwards of 6 bottles of water a day. In my defense I have to say that my work is so dull, I’d die of boredom if I didn’t have to refill my bottle and go to the loo so often.
    Ofthesea recently posted..Reason 79 – I crush my son’s fighting spirit

14. Daisy says:

@pattyann – wow, there’s some good advice in there that I will indeed put to use. One extra glass per week, and flavor the water. But not with loose rosemary from the pantry. Tastes nice but sticks in the teeth.

@ofthesea — you suck! but you are off the hook b/c you just might have the second cutest little boy in the world. Please tell him I said to Be Strong in his fight for nudist freedom.

15. Karen Moser says:

Honestly it’s my first time to hear that someone hate’s water.But after reading your article I surely understand your situation Daisy.

Karen Moser